Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Posted by Darren at 11:18 PM
The jewelry capture was a task. My intention was to fill the frame with the pocket watch but did I get a surprise; I needed a telephoto. After discussing this with Ms. Harkins I decided to go with a wide angle, knowing that the distortion could be a problem. I did a lot of twisting and turning to remove as much of the distortion as I could while still trying to fill the frame. Finally, I got close to what I wanted, and the lens ended up about two or three inches from the watch. After all this I had exposure and focus problems and most likely will re-shoot the watch. This is the photo - your comments are welcome.